Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

1948 Instructions for Assembling and Operating Lionel Trains

Today Toys & Stuff starts featuring a different piece of toy train related paper: the "Instructions for Assembling and Operating Lionel Trains" from 1948. You can tell the owner had this book right by his workbench because somewhere about halfway through the booklet there are glue and paint stains but they only affect a few pages. Now, my collector friends know me to be mostly a Marx guy specializing in collecting Marx plastic accessories, however I do have some Lionel as well. When I first got into 3-rail O-gauge I was buying a little of this and a little of that and ended up with several of these instruction booklets. For the beginner, these booklets were invaluable in setting up accessories and it was this kind of effort throughout its history that made Lionel the leader in toy train manufacture. Definitely a blast from the past! Enjoy!