Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Marx No. 2 Plastic and Tin-Litho Wind-up Tank

Let's see if I can do sumthin' besides trains for a bit. Work does progress on my my diminutive train layout but other collecting remains active as well. I got this nice hybrid plastic and tin-litho Marx wind-up tank a few weeks ago. Measuring 5 3/4" (14.60cm) L x 3 1/2" (8.89cm) W (hull only w/o the key sticking out) x 2 5/8" (6.66cm) H, the key is integral to the mechanism and can't be removed. My sample works quite nicely. A note on the photos: while the photos look like the plastic is full of dust there's actually a lot of little scratches and nicks in the plastic. I had cleaned this a couple of times thinking it perhaps dust but further inspection revealed a bunch of tiny scratches. Overall though the piece is in good shape. I would have thought this piece to be immediate Post-war, but a facebook group member remembers this quite well as a toy he had in the '60's! So okay, a little bit later production than I had surmised. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

















No comments:

Post a Comment