Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2020

TRAIN TIME: The Edge of Town Layout Gets a Makeover - Pt 11 New Buildings, New Hill, Running Trains

Wellll, I'm now in a 'work-from-home' status due to the COVID-19 spread and although I'm at home my overlords expect me to account for my time every day so there is really no extra hobby time to be had. I do a LOT of posting on facebook in mt free time and unfortunately that means the blog has suffered but though all of this I've still managed to work on my small train layout, the Edge of Town.

Here's what's happened since the last update:

The cardstock grocery store has been replaced with a new production (vs. vintage) Plasticville Roadside Stand. Here it is shown assembled but not glued. Also, vehicles are being swapped out as whim dictates just for fun.

Enjoy! Opa Fritz





Pulled out a Marx Commodore Vanderbilt and cars and ran it


I cut two pieces of 2" thick Styrofoam cut into a rough 'L' shape, glued them together and  glued them to the back corner


I bought a second set of rustic fences for the rustic cabin area






There's not much room on the siding. In an attempt to eke out as much space as possible I bought these Atlas bumpers which half the size of the Marx bumper they're replacing



Replaced the cardstock service station with my Littletown station for now. I kept the cardstock sign up for now


Ran more trains





No comments:

Post a Comment