Pages

Monday, February 14, 2022

TRAIN TIME: Hornby M Series Footbridge

This M series footbridge was first catalogued in the 1933-34 season and is one of the more colorful foot bridges offered. I've found that this bridge is fairly tough to come by in excellent condition at an affordable price. Add to the fact that nearly all my stuff made in the UK is actually bought over there (via fleaBay) and shipping is expensive from the UK to her. That means when I buy something I feel is good enough I don't try to buy another one in better condition. That's not a hard-&-fast rule of course but one I usually stick to.  They tend to be a bit drab - even the ones made here in the States are pretty plain-Jane. I also liked this one because it's just a tad bit smaller than the No. 1 footbridge. This one measures 12 3/4" (32.38cm) x 1 1/2" (2.54cm) W x 6" (15.24cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz












Here's the M series bridge in place. In this photo it looks like it needs to be nudged over a bit. I may end up using the No. 1 bridge here instead but I do like the colorful looks of this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment