Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Barn Coin Bank

It's not hard to tell that I'm a real fan of tin litho toys,  mostly buildings and aircraft but occasionally other toys as well. What really surprise me at times is the amount of detail or the generally nice quality about the art work that goes into a toy which almost assuredly didn't cost the consumer much at all.  And our latest offering is no exception.  Today we have a nifty little coin bank shaped like a miniature mailbox and decorated like a barn with very attractive graphics.  In size it's comparable to the Ohio Art barn I posted several days ago and thus would look just great on a 3-rail O-gauge toy train layout. or just used as decoration in a country motif - I like items that can be used in a variety of ways. I don't know who made this as there were no maker's mark anywhere but I'm guessing it's both a fairly recent item and made in China.  Enjoy!