Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Corgi #77329 2000 DC Comics Batmobile

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen and all you younger readers too! If you've been following 'Toys & Stuff' you know that Sunday's are reserved for anything that had some connection to the comics. I was a child of the '50s, and always looked forward to reading the Sunday Comics - in full color! What a treat. Later in the day the time was reserved for playing, chilling out, or just kickin' back with a comic book. I used to read a lot of comic books and have only vague memories of many. Having forgotten their titles and the faces of the main characters they swirl around in my head in a misty dreamlike state.  But not Batman! His vision is solid!  He is real and palpable - and cool!

With that in mind let's continue with Corgi's awesome series of 1/43 scale diecast vehicles chronicling not only the various Batmobiles as they appeared in DC Comics from the 1930's onward but they had the great good wisdom of featuring vehicle like the Batsubmersible and the various Villainmobiles. Right now I have 18 vehicles in the series.  Did they make more?  I don't know, and will have do some research. Today's posting will be the 15th featured so far. That leaves me with just three more weeks of posts for this series after which I will have get off my back side and start photographing some of the other Batman stuff in my meager collection.  Today however let's enjoy the Corgi #77329 2000  DC Comics Batmobile.