Sunday, November 1, 2015

Kellogg's Fire House From Engine House Project - Pt 2

Well, progress is slow but sure on the Kellogg's Engine House turned Fire House Project. This week I managed to carve out enough time to build what may be the final version of this. I posted pics of the mock-up in the Oct 23 post and that mock-up helped me identify some big errors in my template. I think the changes I made will result in a model good enough for anyone with a little experience to put together a decent model. 

As I was building this it became apparent that plenty of bracing was needed. At first stripwood was glued to the top, bottom, and sides of each wall, but then the middle portion of the walls started bowing inward calling for additional bracing. The front wall ended up requiring a whole bunch of bracing so that it would stand straight with the doors open, otherwise it would have bowed outwards. Anywho, it seems to be working out okay. Once I get this all built up and photographed I'll make sure to post the template for it. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

I braced the heck out of the front wall, but it stands nice and straight without bowing outward