Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

Announcing a Hanger Dance at T&S Central

I was treated to an interesting little piece of history the other day after posting a few pics of this Thomas Toy loudspeaker truck on one of the facebook groups I belong to. Mike M. states:

"Up at Ft. Leavenworth in WW2, they had "hanger dances". Maybe this truck provided the tunes.

On a humorous note, when my mother-in-law told my wife about sneaking out to those, my wife somehow pictured all of the girls showing up with handfuls of clothes hangers (for metal drives), hence the name hanger dance.".

Of course the mother wasn't talking about clothes hangers for metal drives but rather an airplane hangar where the dance was held, something the little girl didn't yet grasp.

:-) cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment