Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Alvimar Mfg Goodyear Blimp

Soooo, like a long time ago I had already been admiring these blimp balloons that show up on fleaBay all the time and one day a few years back I bit the bullet and bought one. And there it sat in The Cave all this time until a couple 'a few weeks ago. I finally cracked open the package and blew this sucker up - oh boy was I winded after that one! LOL 

This is representative of the older style blimps as newer ones have what's called 'Night Signs' used by Goodyear to advertise its products as well as provide PSA's. At 30" long it's a pretty big fellow and with the air space above the rest of The Cave pretty much taken up by a variety of other aircraft, I decided to have it do a low-level fly-by over Deer Crest on my Edge of Town layout. Whaddaya guys think?

Alvimar's version resembles Goodyear's "The Spirit of Innovation" ship

Courtesy Wikipedia








Here's a blimp that visited our neck of the cactus back in January 2020. Photo by Bettina






No comments:

Post a Comment