Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Building A Memory - Schreiber-Bogen's "Pfalz im Rhein bei Kaub" Pt 4

Well folks, the past several weeks has been interesting. I didn't know what I was about to get into when starting this project but it's finally finished. It's the most difficult paper model I've ever attempted, never having done more than simple four-walls-and-a-roof buildings. The project to-date has taken approx. 18 hours and the past few hours have really been a bear! The very last parts to assemble were 22 small dormers located around the perimeter of the structure and these were quite tricky for me as they were pretty small and required a little more agility than I have left at my age. To make matters worse I inadvertently sliced through a couple of what were supposed to be fold lines! Oh crud. Still, after a little repair work, everything finally went together and here are the photos of the finished castle. It measures 8 1/4" (20.3cm) L x 3 1/8" (7.9cm) W x 5 3/4" (14.6cm) H. Stay tuned because the next step is trying to put together a small diorama to display the model on. Enjoy!