Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Goodee Products Space Car / Race Car

Here's a tiny delight from the early '50s from Goodee Products of New Brunswick, New Jersey. I have seen this car in a Goodee Products Service Station #8000 set from 1953 so we know it dates to at least then. The trouble is, everything I know about Goodee I just told you :-(  I have absolutely no reference books on die cast toys and when you try to do a Google search, it keeps changing the spelling from 'Goodee' to 'Goody' and brings up info on some hair accessories company!!!  When these come up for auction on eBay they are sometimes referred to as space cars and sometimes as race cars or salt flat racers. Personally, I'm inclined to believe these were racers and not space cars but we'll leave that up to your imagination. At 3" (7.6cm) long the cars are small and look at home alongside TootsieToy die cast toys. My car is an orange color but I've seen them in yellow and green so most likely they were available in a wide range of colors. Enjoy The Berg's :)



















Here it is next to a 5" Flash Gordon space ship - great looking pair! Ein grossartiges Paar :)



3 comments:

  1. I have this car it is silver looked 2 never have been painted, also underside only has the trade mark stamp very small GOODEE in a circle & made in USA. It does not have any other words on the bottom like the car in your photo does. Was thinking of trying 2 sell it but have not found a good reference as 2 value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't get too hung up with value - none of this stuff is gonna make you a millionaire! Basically a car like this could go for about $10-$15 nice and clean. Scratched up? repaint it and sell for $5 or give it away!

      Delete