Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Royal Lighted Village Catalogue No. 203V - Pt 7 Royal Village Grocery Store Inc

We continue the Royal Village with the Grocery Store. This is the first time I've seen a neighborhood grocery store with 'Inc.' as a part of its title. The building measures:

Front wall: 4" H (to top of chimney) (10.2cm)
                   3" H (to top of wall) (7.6cm)
                   x 4"  (10.2cm) W
                   x 2 1/4" (wall-to-wall) (5.7cm)
                      2 5/8" (back wall to front of awning)  (6.7cm)
Side walls 3" (7.6cm) H down  down to 2 5/8" H (6.7cm)
Back wall 4" W (10.2cm) x 2 1/16" (5.2cm) H

Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


***Added***

As I was looking at this store it reminded me of the one we had just up the block from my house. This cardboard store represents a stand-alone building while the one in my neighborhood was part of a larger building which had other businesses and apartments. However, the dimensions of this toy are quite close to my neighborhood store. The inset door in the middle of the store and the crates of produce out front are also reminiscent of my neighborhood store. It did bring back some memories!















Scans








No comments:

Post a Comment