Pages

Monday, February 15, 2021

Playing With Dino's (1)

Soooo, now that you have a collection of dinosaur's, whaddya do with 'em? Play of course! Here's how I did my play time. I grabbed my trusty landscaped board that I've used for everything from Little Green Army Men to Castle and Knights set-ups. I set up the Marx three-piece terrain group towards the back, plopped down a whole bunch of Palm trees, ferns, lichen, etc., and brought out the dinosaur's and camera. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

This space was the setting for this past year's Christmas train layout

The trees are Marx, Toy Street, and generic Chinese aquarium decorations.


After posting pics of the set on my fb groups it seems that people are divided as to what their favorite Marx dinosaurs are: muted pastels or bright colors. It really all boils down to what they played with  as kids. I prefer the earlier muted colors because that's what I had as a kid. Other guys love the brightly colored dino's because they were their childhood toys


That Ankylosaurus is in deep kimchee (aka, he's in trouble!)



Basically the same set-up with the earlier colors


uh-oh, outnumbered! T-Rex gonna eat good tonight - at least, any T-Rex that survives the battle! The Ankylosaurus tail is a powerful weapon.





1 comment:

  1. Back in the early '70s I played out adventures based on a novel by Piers Anthony. I had a raft built of Lincoln Logs, a load of Marx dinos and assorted Giant figures for the astronauts marooned on a planet resembling Earth in the Mesozoic. Always preferred the more dynamic and slender T-Rex... That one looked dangerous.

    ReplyDelete