Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2022

TRAIN TIME: Custom Lionel Jacket (2000)

There's a bit of a story to this one. Back in 2000 I was stationed at Osan AB, ROK. Right outside the gates of Osan, in the town of Songtan, is a myriad of small stores. What's so cool about them is that more than a few will custom make clothes for you and I ended up having a 3-piece suit and a pair of dress shoes made for me (at different stores). So there I am, it's Lionel's 100th birthday and I had a brain storm to have a jacket custom made. I walked into one of the stores that specialized in jackets, gave them a picture of the Lionel logo and about a week later paid about $100 (I don't remember the exact price any more) and walked out with probably the coolest Lionel collectible in my collection! Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Unfortunately I haven't yet gotten around to scanning all of my photos from that year, but these will help show kind of what it's like right outside the main gate of Osan AB



The writing on the left chest area reads: Ed "ICE" Berg








No comments:

Post a Comment