I have been busier than a bear in a honey bee farm photographing toys. Lots of the toys are being sold and posting them to eBay just takes a long time. Then there's the photo editing and, for many, posting here on the blog. So anywho, back in January I pulled out a couple of wind-up Marx engines I wanted to sell and then got a bug up my backside when I finally decided to work on the backdrop for the small layout I call The Edge Of Town Layout. I reutilized old backdrop panels from the large train layout torn doen a couple of years back. The panels were made of painted foamcore so they were easy to cut down to size. One panel was only about an inch or so longer than I needed for the back so a quick trimming was all it took. The other panel was cut into two and trimmed so the pieces would fit on the left and right sides of the layout. They look awkward now with the leftover painting from their last location but I did manage to go out and buy some paint. Now it's just a matter of finding time to re-paint them.
After piddling around with the backdrop I pulled out one of my Marx Commodore Vanderbilt wind-up engines to test run prior to selling it. I haven't been a big fan of wind-up's but am s-l-o-w-l-y turning that corner towards fandom. Let's see what happens. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina
The back panel was just a tad too long