Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Weird Pre-Earthquake Photo by Bettina

I've been meaning to post this for the past several days. This photo was taken on 2 July, just two days before the Ridgecrest earthquakes. The same day of the solar eclipse.  Now, here's the deal: Bettina takes a lot of photos. Let me say that again: Bettina takes A LOT of photos!!! And I have never seen one turn out like this!! I hate speculation because it's futile to waste time coming up with a gazillion probable ideas of why something happened the way it did, but this one time I'm scratching my head wondering if she caught  Mother Earth sending off signals of an event to come?? Or just a fluke of the camera. 6-of-one / half-a-dozen of the other.

Here's my facebook post for July 4th:
"10:35AM: We just had an earth tremor. I was sitting on the couch with the grandbaby and felt the couch sway. I was looking at her Barbie Dreanhouse (which is in the living room) and could see parts of it shaking. I got up and stood by the doorway and could still feel the house move a little."

Soooo, along with earthquake in the morning and the spectacular illegal fireworks display taking place all around our house by the Hoodsters here in Da Hood during the evening we had one heck of a time!

On July 5th I posted this on fb:
8:20PM strong aftershock whole house shaking

What a weekend! :-)

Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


2 comments:

  1. It's funny, I thought imediately about you both during the shooting a while back, but didn't worry about the earthquake, as I have a mental picture (probably wrong!)of a ranch-type/bungalow on the edge of the desert - so nothing to worry about!

    Glad you're both OK though!

    My camera (one of!) went like that back in 2010, just before its 'something' failed . . . MSU, GPU, MSP???? Maybe just the sun confused it? It's the visual signature of the 'resonant frequency' between the screen pixels and the memories 'brain' pixels . . . I think!!!!

    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Thanx Hugh!!

    Ranch style house: check
    Edge of the desert: not any more. When we got her back in '91 our house was nearly surrounded by open land. We used to see a lot of folks riding their horses because a few blocks away from us were horse properties. Not any more. We be in Da Hood! LOL

    This is, I believe, our third and fourth earthquakes since being here. One of the other quakes (the Northridge quake???) was so strong it nearly tossed me out of bed. The kids were small and slept in the same bedroom in a bunk bed and it kept slamming against the wall so hard I thought it would either collapse or throw one of the kids out!!

    As for the camera: that's about as good an explanation as I've heard. (Gremlins in the camera doesn't count as an explanation!)

    Many Thanx Hugh and we're still doin' okay.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete