Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Gilmark X-42 Space Car

I've been trying to catch up photographing some of the space toys which found their way into the house the past year (or two, or three) :-)  Here's a nifty space car from Gilmark made in the early 1950s. My sample is a copper and mint green color but one of my reference books shows this in red and yellow so, like many plastic toys of that era, we can safely assume these came in a variety of colors. The car measures 4" (10.16cm) L x 1 3/4" (4.44cm) W x 1 3/8" (3.49cm) H and features an opening 'cockpit', a hallmark of Gilmark vehicles. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina















I was photographing some HG Toys space ships at the same time I did this Gilmark car and thought it would be nice to do some comparison shots




No comments:

Post a Comment