Pages

Friday, February 7, 2020

TRAIN TIME: The Edge of Town Layout Starts Getting a Makeover - Pt 8 More New Buildings and Running Lionel's New York Central Flyer Set

I finally got around to putting on the new chimney and painting the roof of the Plasticville Freight Platform. I purposely wanted a used/beat-up freight Platform so that I could mess with it and try and give it my own touch. It was missing the chimney so I went to the parts box and grabbed a repo chimney that was made for Marx William Crooks passenger cars and super glued it on. The roof was then  given a coat of Krylon Slate Gray. 

New buildings on the layout now include a vintage Plasticville Corner Store and a new MTH lighted Gate Tower. Where the gate tower now stands used to be the spot for one of my Marx tin-litho signal towers. The footprint is nearly the same for both but the Marx tower was much taller and prone to being knocked over by me LOL

The area to the lower right of the layout -which I had begun to refer to as 'The Green' - is being defined by a set of K-Line Split Rail Fences. This set was of wooden fences was made by Lemax and packaged for K_Line back in 2003. At this time I placed an old Plasticville log cabin there as a way to set the scenic tone for the area but it's going to be swapped out here shortly.

AND for the first time in about 18 years I ran my Lionel New York Central Flyer set  #6-21990 with Railsounds. This was one of my favorite train meet runners back in the day and I missed running it. Don't ask me why I didn't play with it on previous layouts - just never got around to it I guess.

Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Here's the Plasticville Freight Station with new chimney and painted roof

 'The Green' is taking shape with new fences by Lemax / K-Line and a log cabin by Plasticville. When I was still hauling this around to train meets, I used to have the K-Line 'L'-shaped Ranch House in this corner.

To the right in the photo is the new Mike's Train House (MTH) Gate Tower. It has a light but I haven't yet gotten around to hooking it up. Unfortunately I didn't take pics of the Plasticville Corner Store - that'll be featured in a future post. 







No comments:

Post a Comment