Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

TRAIN TIME: The Edge of Town Layout Starts Getting a Makeover - Pt 7 'New' Bridge and Buildings

The EoT saw several changes this week. First, I took off the black Marx plate girder bridge with Illinois Central decals. In its place is another Marx plate girder bridge which was purchased on eBay and needed a little TLC. It had no decals which is what I wanted but needed a repaint job because it looked as if it had already been repainted BUT had fingerprints in the paint finish!! yecch! LOL. Not wanting to go through the mess and hassle of stripping off the old paint, I simply sanded the whole piece and re-painted with silver Krylon Combination Primer/Paint and it turned out just fine. Then I replaced the Marx HO scale passenger platform with a vintage Plasticville station platform. The Marx served me well both on my old Marxville and Plateau layout as a trolley station and on the EoT as my 'main' passenger station but it was a tad too small. The Marx platform is almost as wide and almost as deep as the Plasticville one but the roof is too short. My little O-gauge figures keep bumping their heads on the roof!

Enjoy~ Opa Fritz

A bird's eye view of the layout stripped of nearly everything but with the Marx roadbed track in place




 Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Marx HO scale passenger platform (L) and Plasticville (R) one


Getting ready to buy a new signal/gate tower. The template shows the footprint for a MTH Gate Tower


Here's yet another project - this time for the siding. I bought  a Plasticville Freight Platform on eBay. It was already assembled but a bit of a mess. It was dirty, the support column broke, and the chimney was missing. I'll keep ya posted on progress.










No comments:

Post a Comment