Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Something Different: Americana's Gettysburg Playset - Pt 1 54mm Blue & Gray Skirmish

I got the urge to break out some of my Little Green Army Men (or in this case, the Blue & Gray). The Halloween train layout has been dismantled and I started putting down track for another temporary set-up but then thought, hey, why don't I play with some of my other toys instead? - at least for a little while. Soooo, I broke out the Americana Souvenir and Gifts (the immediate successor to BMC, prior to BMC regaining its foothold) Gettysburg playset. I had covered the playset before back in 2014, but that was basically a photo essay of the set contents. This time I wanted to see it set-up in a play environment. So here's what it looked like. The space is about 44" (1.11m) x 70" (1.78m) which isn't that big, but it still dwarfed the 64 figures in the set. In this set-up the field looks empty, as if this were a minor skirmish between a couple of scouting parties. Tomorrow we'll have a look at a proper battleground - or at least as proper as can be had in 40"x70".   Enjoy! Opa Fritz












A very selectively compressed version of Little Round Top perhaps?




Good vantage point for artillery








No comments:

Post a Comment