Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: Calico Ghost Town, California - Nov 1978 Pt 1

What a year 1978 was! Holy cow was it busy, from touring the south (Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky), to boppin' all around Wisconsin, to starting a new life in the military, and then starting to bop around southern California. I'm surprised I had time to breath LOL

Shortly after reporting to Goerge AFB in Victorville, California, I had found out about Calico Ghost Town, a relatively short distance away in the Calico Mountains of San Bernardino County. At this time I still didn't have my car - it being home in Milwaukee - so the trip was made with a buddy of mine. It is a bit touristy, I know that, but there's enough of the old ghost town bones left to make it a worthwhile trip. This was now my second visit to a ghost town, the first one being Fayette, Michigan in 1977, however, when I think 'ghost town', those of the dry and dusty Old West are really the first ones that come to mind and Calico fit the bill nicely. As usual, we'll start off with the post cards and brochures, etc, that I picked up, followed by my photos. Enjoy! Opa Fritz.































No comments:

Post a Comment