Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: Frank Lloyd Wright's House Taliesin, Spring Green, WI July 1977

It has taken me forever to scan my photos and so far I'm all the way up to 1980! There's a reason for that, as I look back on my life I can see where I definitely had a bad case of wanderlust. But ya can't have wanderlust without a camera in hand - or at least enough of a budget to buy the souvenir postcards of your trip :-) So why not share some of my experience with you guys (or bore you with 'em - whatever LOL) Frank Loyd Wright was one of, if not the, most famous architects Amercan has produced. Even as a kid I enjoyed reading about him and looking at photos of his buildings, probably because he too was a native Wisconsinite. In retrospect I managed to see several of his buildings: the Greek Orthodox Church in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (I think I have some postcards sequestered away), the Johnson-&-Johnson headquarters building in Racine, Wisconsin, and of course his famous Taliesin residence in Spring Green, Wisconsin.Enjoy! Opa Fritz








No comments:

Post a Comment