Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Ed' Travelogue: King Richard's Faire, Wisconsin July 1978

King Richard's Faire was one of those faux Middle Ages get togethers full of fun and unusual sights. I had fun there to be sure but my tastes tend to be along more historically represented venues - like Old World Wisconsin. One of the attractions at the faire was the food vendors, and this was the first time I had ever had fried green tomatoes and deep fried Okra - loved 'em both I must say! Also, while I'm a big souvenir hound I didn't buy anything here, perhaps because in another month or so I would be heading off for Air Force basic training. Would I have come back the next year if I'd have stayed put in Wisconsin?? I don't know - but there's a good chance I would have passed it up.  Enjoy! Opa Fritz















Mock sword fight



























Hand made ceramic ware for sale


Troubadors





A 'Medieval' band playing modern instruments




Okay, a 'Medieval' knight wearing sunglasses, ummmm oh never mind






Jugglers







Belly dancer



Wandering bagpiper LOL




Stickman










Merlin looking into his crystal ball to see when Arthur is gonna arrive!
(BTW, Arthur never made it!)





And on that note we leave you!

No comments:

Post a Comment