Pages

Monday, October 26, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: USAF Basic Training Sep 1978 - Pt11 USAF Basic Training , San Antonio Sights (6) The Alamo - Pt 2 FINAL

This marks the final post for my USAF Basic Training Travelogue series. Yay!

When you actually see the Alamo and see how big the church alone is, you realize that it would've needed all 200 defenders by itself, never mind the whole compound. It's amazing those 200 were able to hold off Santa Anna's troops for as long as they did. As I've said before, I can add nothing to the story except old postcards and photos, but I am grateful for having the chance to to see it. Normally this would be a great segue for posting my Alalmo toys but that's just not going to happen quite yet. The only space I have to photograph a somewhat okay set-up is now being taken up by my Halloween Village layout. And at some point in time I would like to start re-building my O-gauge layout on that space. Oh  well, Enjoy! Opa Fritz






























No comments:

Post a Comment