Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Ed's Travelogue: Milwaukee County Zoo, August 1979 - Pt 1

Man-oh-man am I behind in the Ed's Travelogue series! Okay, so my last post was on January 31st about the George AFB Base Chapel Move in July 1979. Shortly after that I had to head back home to Milwaukee for my father's funeral. I stayed there about a week and while there, got a chance to visit the Milwaukee County Zoo one last time with some friends. When I was growing up, the zoo was located in Washington Park not far from where we lived. The Old Zoo, as we called it, had a spooky, closed-in, old atmosphere to it and I liked it but when the new zoo opened up, wellll, what an improvement! It felt less closed in and, I don't know - more colorful I guess. I had always liked zoo's and as a Cub Scout had visited Chicago's Brookfield Zoo with our Scout Pack. That was sooo cool, but I have no photos or post cards of the trip.

Anywho, let's begin some vintage post cards. Well alright, they weren't vintage when I bought them but they are now LOL Enjoy! Opa Fritz




























































No comments:

Post a Comment