Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Marx Wells Fargo Stagecoach

Hmmm, now where was I before I so rudely interrupted myself?? Oh yeah, Western toys. Okay, today's photo essay is one of the nicest vintage Western playset pieces ever offered: the Marx Wells Fargo Stagecoach for their Western playsets. I don't have an original driver to go with this but I did order some repops after I took the photos. Made of hard plastic with soft plastic horses and hitch, it doesn't have opening doors but the classic lines hit all the nostalgia buttons for those of us who grew up in the '50s and watched shows like old Roy Rogers and Gene Autry serials, or TV shows like "The Tales of Wells Fargo", "Bonanza", "Gunsmoke", and the host of other Westerns that flooded the airwaves back then. It would be great if someone like Classic Toy Soldiers (CTS) could do a re-make of this with a 4-horse hitch. They've already done covered wagons, and ACW cannons with limbers and caissons, so this would make an excellent addition to their line-up. Enjoy! Opa Fritz














Comparison shots of the Marx buckboard and stagecoach




No comments:

Post a Comment