Pages

Friday, July 30, 2021

TRAIN TIME: Classic Toy Trains Hits The Newstand on The Edge of Town Micro-Layout

When my little Edge of Town micro-layout made the pages of the March 2021 issue Classic Toy Trains magazine I was - to say the least - thrilled as heck! But the idea for this newsstand came from Brian Eovitch over at the "The Train Cafe: BUY&SELL TRAINS/LAYOUT PICS&VIDS/Lionel Flyer Marx MTH etc" facebook group. He mentioned I should put copies on a newsstand on my layout! Holy cow - why didn't I think of that? LOL 

I already had a newsstand from Woodland Scenics and was thinking of a way to shoehorn it into the layout somehow. It occured to me that the fruit stand is the perfect place to also sell magazines and such! So I made a copy of the cover of CTT, inserted it into a Word doc and minimized it into a teeny tiny picture. You can just barely discern that it's the cover from CTT but it's a nice detail touch. This was a quickie project and now I'm gonna make copies of other mags and paste them onto the stand as well. Enjoy! Opa Fritz





No comments:

Post a Comment