Pages

Friday, February 3, 2023

Bauer 'Exploring The Moon' Carded Set

Every year tends to favor a particular theme or two with a whole series of posts following that theme. Unfortunately, as a blogger I tend to get antsy and want to move on to other things after a while. I know when that point has been reached when finding photos of toys on my computer that were never edited or posted. Case in point: this  'Exploring The Moon' carded set I bought from Argentina back in 2020. At that time I was hot-&-heavy into the smaller sized space toys like Triang SpaceEx, Golden Astronaut, LP, etc. I might as well post this now as there's not enough of these small sized space toys out in The Cave to start another series.

I had received some interesting information from Paul Vreede (reference his awesome SpacEx website shown on the right sidebar: Triang SpacEx Toys) back in 2020.. It should be noted that there is no manufacturer listed on the card and the name 'Bauer' appears on the card stapled to the set.

Here's the info Paul was able to provide back then: 

"Just found Bauer Toys was incorporated July 1966 and dissolved March 1986. Since they were in Hong Kong I'd expect them to've been some kind of wholesaler/exporter. Where this particular card may have been a sample to a local importer or toy store (chain).

 The presence of the two Apollo astronauts puts that card as from after the first moon landing to my mind."

Enjoy! Opa Fritz


No comments:

Post a Comment