Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Eldon F-100 Super Sabre - Silver SP 1958

Okay, this boggles my mind! I know full well that I'm a procrastinator. I look at my toys and think, "that needs to get photographed and blogged." and then...

...crickets

Nothing

This toy has been sitting on my shelf for about 10 years!

Back on October 8, 2014, I blogged the sister version of this plane which is red & silver and always meant to blog this all-silver version but some kind of mental block just took over and it never got done. Well we're here now so - Enjoy! LOL Opa Fritz

One of the advantages of waiting so long is that a couple of other fun things have come to light, like copies from catalogs showing these planes for sale:

Distributor's catalog extract culled from the Internet
As I can just barely make out the "Star-&-Bar' insignia on the left wing, I'm assuming this B&W image is showing the red version of the plane

This is an extract from a small fold-out type catalog or flyer that I have in my collection.

Eldon offered these jets in two versions:
red upper fuselage with silver under fuselage
all silver

Besides the obvious color difference there's one other major notable change: the silver version is sans "USAF" and "Star-&-Bar" markings.
The silver one may have been for export but it's the version I had as a kid and I definitely didn't live overseas as a kid! OR, the all silver version may have been the one available as a cereal premium.


The plane measures 12 1/2" (31.8cm) L x 10" (25.4cm) wingspan x 4 1/2" (11.4cm) H. each plane came with four rockets which were stored underneath the wings. A single rocket could be removed and placed into the intake and fired off



Here we see our intrepid fighter armed and ready to do battle. Of course the real F-100 didn't have rockets shoved up its intake but it makes for a fun toy! LOL
















wheels up






No comments:

Post a Comment