Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2023

Marx Battleground Playset P-47 Thunderbolt

Marx's Battleground Playset of the 1960s was among their most popular playset series along with Fort Apache and The Alamo. There were a bunch of variations on the basic theme: American GI's landing on a beach to drive the invaders back. This was one set I always wanted as a kid but never got :-( and as an adult, always seemed to find complete sets w-a-y out of my price range. However, through the years I picked up so many of the bits-&-pieces that all I really need now is a box! The trouble is all my parts are scattered in various boxes out in The Cave and one of my goals for this year was to gather them all into one place. There won't be enough for an absolutely complete set, but enough to make it worthwhile. Okay, all that being said, I did take photos of a few of my planes and thought that, as I'm in the mood to post toys other than the SunnySide vehicles, I'd better get to it.

This first offering is the P-47 Republic Thunderbolt and measures 4 3/4" (12.06cm) L x 5 3/4" (16.60cm) wingspan x 15/8" (4.12cm) H.   My one and only sample (so far) is missing the propeller and has damaged cockpit framing but the wheels are intact. Looks like it's time to find a replacement! Enjoy! Opa Fritz

















No comments:

Post a Comment