Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2023

MPC's Take On Western Towns - Pt 8 Cabin v.2 Jail Brown SP With Tab-&-Slot Construction

I've been working on the train layout the past few days and trying desperately to build a couple of K-Line building kits for it without totally screwing them up! LOL  After I post this MPC building, I'll be back to work on the layout again.

Sooo, I've been calling all the MPC buildings in this Western series 'cabins' and have classified them as either v.1 (early style) or v.2 (late style). They all have a cabin superstructure: side walls and roof are all cabin-ish, while the false fronts turn them into a bank, a jail, or a cabin! Today's 'cabin' version has a Jail façade and, being the later style, all the pieces are wafer thin. I mean, MPC got real cheap with this style of building. I have already covered all these types of buildings MPC produced for their various space playsets and to the best of my knowledge I have all but one building MPC made (I'm missing the 'Construction' office). This particular building utilizes the tab-&-slot construction method shown Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Cabin v.2 utilizing tab-&-slot construction

The later style buildings never came with back walls and were left open so the kiddies could place their little soldiers inside.


Cabin v.2 with 'Jail' front











No comments:

Post a Comment