Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Roy Rogers Holster

Looking back on it I believe that - overall - Roy Rogers was my very best favorite Western star. I loved watching his '40s era black-&-white serials especially when The Sons of The Pioneers were featured. Later, when Roy had his TV series featuring Roy, Dale, Pat Brady, and Nelly Belle the Jeep I had to be there in front of the telly absorbing all the adventures and hijinks! The ultimate Roy Rogers for me was watching the movie "Son of Paleface" with Bob Hope and Jane Russell. Anywho, on with the toy. The Cave has a bunch of Roy toys scattered around and the latest to join the crew is this Roy Rogers holster sans pistols. While it's in fairly decent condition, the leather needs conditioning to make it supple again,  there is a tear in the belt needing repair, and of course there are no pistols. All of this combined to make it a budget friendly purchase (as a side note, I have some Hubley pistols coming in to help flesh out the ensemble). Enjoy! Opa Fritz


I hope I can find someone to repair this. I'm not even going to attempt it - I'll end up ruining it!


Some of the little fringes have torn off as well





No comments:

Post a Comment