Pages

Monday, September 11, 2023

BREWERIANA: Neuschwansteiner Bavarian Lager Bottle

I don't have beer bottles in the collection, which in retrospect was a short sighted approach to collecting because they're as much a part of breweriana as steins, mugs, coasters, etc. This bottle was actually bought here Stateside at Nellis AFB and is made in a style Bettina remembers as being quite common when she was growing up. The biggest difference to today's bottles is of course the way the bottle is sealed - no bottle cap, but rather a stopper held in place by a wire. This allows the user to re-seal the bottle when not drinking. Enjoy! Opa Fritz






4 comments:

  1. One of my old tipples Ed, along with Pfauenbrau from Tuttlingen! Herferder came later . . .

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up getting a taste for Henninger. With all the beers I at least tried over there, Henninger suited my taste buds the best. I was even able to get it here at the air base for perhaps a year or so after we arrived, but then they stopped carrying it! :-(

      Delete
    2. We had a similar conversation on the HaT forum about 15-years ago, and the Germans were reporting a lot of those old brands had already disappeared then . . . sniff, sniff . . . Gold Fassel was an export one you used to be able to find over here, but I haven't seen it for years?

      Delete
    3. When I was stationed at Zweibrücken the local brew was Parkbräu (which also had a brewery in Pirmasens). Sadly they tore down the brewery at Zwei a couple of years back. :-( Things in Germany have been going downhill steadily for years now - Bettina keeps me informed of all the depressing news. I'm gonna need therapy soon!

      Delete