Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2023

PIRATES: Blue Box Pirate Ship Playset #34100 - Pt 1 Overview

Here's a really nifty playset from Blue Box: the Pirate Ship Playset #34100. Blue Box has only been featured one other time here on the blog - a carded space shuttle - and this is my first large-ish item I have of theirs. I don't know what year this was released as no year is shown either on the box or the instruction sheet. If I had to guess, I'd say 'mid-'90's to early 2000's. Just a guess folks (in this case, the Internet was of no help). While the playset features a lot of details and imagination, my toy was bought used and suffers from a few minor cosmetic issues. However, the set is nearly complete - minus just a couple of small parts - and it adds another layer of interest to the pirate collection.








Here's everything you get in the set:
-ship w/two cannons
-dinghy
-frame to hold dinghy to the ship
-boarding plank
-treasure chest
-table and two chairs
-rack of ammo (cannonballs): I believe several are missing from the set, there's only five vs. the eight pictured on the box
-four barrels
-five 25mm poseable Pirate figures
-six small weapons to fit in the Pirate's hands. I may be missing some as the box clearly shows hatchets/axes in the hands of the figures and there are none in my set
-shark


No comments:

Post a Comment