Pages

Monday, September 25, 2023

PIRATES: Tim-Mee #5730 Pirate Fortress Playset - Pt 1 Accessories and Figures

I have to admit, I'm having a lot of fun with this Pirate stuff! I enjoyed photographing the Blue Box Pirate Ship playset but haven't yet set it up to play with my other Pirate toys. In the meantime, I have been photographing and playing with this Pirate Fortress Playset from Tim-Mee Toys. While there's no date listed anywhere on the box or instructions, the guys in the facebook groups date it to the '90s. Works for me. The next installment will feature the fort. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Set contents:

-Island with removable top

-Treasure chest

-Rowboat with two seats (no oars)

-35 45mm Figures (box says 34) in seven poses

-Fort

--5 wall sections with guns ports

--4 wall sections with catwalks/ramparts

--3-pc gate

--3 pc stable

--4 lookout towers

--log pile

--well

-- 2-pc water trough & pump

--gunrack

--2 barrels

--hitching post

--2 ladders

--flag pole

-Sheet of peel-&-stick appliques'

-Instruction sheet











The island measures 6" (15.24cm) W x 3" (7.62cm) H














This rowboat was in a factory sealed bag and there were no oars with it, nor are any pictured on the box photos. This, as well as the island and treasure chest, have since been re-issued by BMC Toys in a set which includes several other nice items as well

The boat measures 6 7/8" (17.46cm) L x 1 1/2" (3.81cm) H





The box says 34 figures - I got 35 - Yay! :-)




7 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! I don't believe it! Yjis is the set I've pulled the last two ITLAPD's! And - of course - your photography is ten times better than mine, I guess I'll leave it aside next year too, it can go in 2025! Lovely little set, but the stack of muskets is an atrocious abomination of wasted polymer!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Hugh! Gosh, I didn't mean to step on your toes but hey, why not post it anyway! Yeah, you arrrr absitively, posilutely right about that 'gun rack'! When I was going through the pieces I kept trying to find it until it dawned on me that that piece of garbage was it!

      Delete
  2. It's probably better employed, upside-down, as a replacement for those Tee-pee/Tipi/Wig-Wam's which have a missing, plug-in, bunch of pole-ends!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea - but in my collection, there's only the one gun rack and too many topless teepee's!

      Delete
  3. And you're not treading on my toes! It's just coincidence; I've been sitting on it for two years . . . and I won't Blog it, so people don't get bored with it! I'll remind them in a year or two, it's no biggie!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dokie Okie! :-) I know when I start getting bored posting a particular subject, often times the posts just end abruptly and I move on to other things. I still have a bunch of these pirate toys to feature so I hope boredom set in anytime soon, either for me or the readers!

      Delete
    2. *I hope boredom DOESN'T set in anytime soon

      Delete