Pages

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Dept 56 #48369 Rickety Railroad Station (2008)

Okay, well maybe Halloween is over but I still have some odds-&-ends to post. This was meant to be posted last year, but for reasons I can't fathom, Halloween came and went, I took photos and Y'allTube videos, but nothing got posted here on the blog! All I can say is, it's not easy being me! 😕 As a general rule, I prefer not to use ceramic or porcelain buildings for the Halloween displays - storing them takes too much space out in The Cave - but the layout was screaming (pun intended) for a train station and there were no suitable Halloween-themed paper or cardstock stations for me to build. This Dept. 56 Rickety Railroad Station fit the bill nicely as it had lots of character, flickering lights, and sound. The sound set consists of a ghostly train sequence at the station along with ghostly station announcements, and then the train departing and rolling down the track. If there's any detractor, it's the fact that the sounds are fairly loud with no volume control. Enjoy! Opa Fritz




















No comments:

Post a Comment