Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

TRAIN TIME: Menards #279-6970 M&Ms Track Inspection Set (2022) - Pt 4 Running and **FAIL**

The best way to present this post is by the video I took of the set's inaugural run last week. Basically the R/C truck ran fine for about 15 minutes total: a few minutes before filming and then what you see on the video. Menard's motorized units - like their engines and this set - have a poor reputation within the hobby for not being as dependable as other brands. Lionel doesn't have a very good reputation either with their Chinese and Vietnamese made products but overall, theirs is still better quality and on-whole, more reliable than Menard's. In the end, there's little I can do as too much time had elapsed from when I purchased the product to when I finally got it out of the box and ran it, for me to get a refund or exchange. I did end up with eight pieces of usable O-36 diameter track and a Jeep. Enjoy! Opa Fritz



No comments:

Post a Comment