Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Ideal Toy and Novelty Co. I-662 Truck Mounted Crane Redux (WAS Banner)

Sometimes I can just kick myself!! Sooo, I'm going through folders to see if I missed any more small vehicles - having perhaps misfiled them. Instead I caught an error in one of my somewhat larger vehicles. Way back in August of 2014, I posted this truck mounted crane as a 'Banner' piece. When going through my photos it clearly shows 'IDEAL' on the front bumper. I was put onto the track when seeing a photo of this piece in one of my facebook (Meta) groups where the poster correctly identified it as Ideal. I've gone back to the original 2014 post and made corrections there and now I'm gonna re-post to help set the record straight. I didn't take any measurements but suffice it to say this would look okay on something like a Postwar Lionel train layout or Marx train. Enjoy! Opa Fritz




I've attempted to show the shovel lift mechanism here. The wire from the shovel boom goes back into the cab, where it's attached to a bent wire. Turning the handle on the outside causes the shovel to raise or lower.






















No comments:

Post a Comment