Pages

Friday, January 26, 2024

It's A Small World After All: Kellogg's Corn Flakes 1956-57 Fire Engine Set - The Kellogg's Fire Dept. (K.F.D.)

We are now entering the final phase of our look at small vehicles. Back in 2011 I made a few posts of these Kellogg's mail-in premium fire engines. Then the thread stopped until I could gather more material. In 2015 I re-engaged the subject using all the new material I acquired. So here we go again as an attempt to tie-in this set of small vehicles with the others that have been posted since early December 2023. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Offered in 1956-57 as mail-in premiums from Kellogg's Corn Flakes, I personally remember having only one of these as a kid and always wished I could get more. But it didn't happen until much later in life. The box images were culled from the Web many years ago and are not a part of my collection.



This was an insert that apparently came with the trucks (my collection). 
I love how they suggest that you could build your own fire station utilizing a shoebox.
I took them up on this challenge, but did it in a slightly different way. More to come in a later installment.

The reverse of the flyer

Years ago I lucked out and was able to get a complete, unassembled set.


These trucks are slightly larger than the Empire Plastics trucks I just finished posting. They also have rolling wheels vs. Empire's cast-in wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment