Pages

Monday, March 25, 2024

HG Toys 2021 Job Lot: Alien Attack Play Set Parts (1979)

I posted my first HG Toys spaceship (I call them 'shuttles') back in 2013. Six years later in 2019 the blog saw several posts of the two main styles of generic spaceships offered by HG Toys. Now today, I'm finally getting around to posting this job lot bought back in 2021! No surprise there huh? To the best of my knowledge, HG Toys made three space-themed playsets: 

"Alien Attack"

"Space Wars"

"Buck Rogers". 

The first two differ in that "Alien Attack" has a nice, printed diorama set piece while "Space Wars" appears to be a cheaper, watered down version. They both have the same flying saucer, same styles of spaceships, and same figures (although I haven't looked at the box covers in detail to try and guess a piece count for each set).  The "Buck Rogers" is a big departure from the other two because it is a licensed tie-in to the television series which ran from 1979-81 and has spaceships directly styled from the television series and may have character figures as well...

... which I would know if I could get off my a _ _, go in The Cave and photograph my MIB Buck Rogers playset!! But I digress. The lot consisted of the terrain piece/fortress w/removable rocket, 2 of what I refer to as Spaceship #1 (one in silver and one in copper), 2 55mm aliens, and 4 35mm astronauts. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Box art culled from fleaBay


I have one of these sets which hasn't been photographed yet.

HG made two non-Buck Rogers spaceships in basically two different colors: silver and copper (although I do have a dark copper and a lighter colored copper version of one of the ships).
Here's a photo taken in 2019 of my fleet as it was before buying the job lot in 2012.

2012 Job Lot
These would have come from the "Alien Attack" playset.



The rocket ship can be removed and used as a toy in-and-of itself.




With the rocket ship removed I'm reminded of Jabba the Hut's fortress on Tatooine!
13.25" (33.65cm) W x 8" (20.32cm) D x 7.125" (18.09cm) H


The ships and figures included in my job lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment