Pages

Monday, March 18, 2024

Linemar 'Elegant Miniatures' Diecast Moon Buggy

Okay, well, this isn't actually a bunch of old photos I found on the computer and finally edited for the blog. Nope, this is a recent acquisition that intrigued me when I found it up for auction. I knew Marx or Linemar had put out these little vehicle's because I see them from time-to-time but really paid them no attention. Sooo, when this became available, I bit the bullet and picked it up and was a bit surprised at just how small it was. It's design is similar to other Marx Moon vehicles used in their playsets, but not an exact copy and is diecast metal, not plastic. The radar dish does rotate but is a bit wobbly and it measures:  1.625" (4.12cm) L x .75" (1.90cm) W x 1.25" (3.17cm) H.   I'm guessing these were made to compete with Matchbox diecast vehicles as there seems to be a fairly wide array of cars and trucks. Apparently it didn't work out because, 'Elegant Miniatures' died a quiet death in the marketplace while Matchbox continued on. Overall though I like this little gem and it can be used as a background piece in any photo shoots that I eventually cobble together. Enjoy! Opa Fritz


Size-wise it seems to be larger than N-scale but smaller than HO scale.


















No comments:

Post a Comment