Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Playing With My Lido Spaceships, A Temporary 'Diorama' - Pt 1

Soooo, the past week or so, I've been out in The Cave trying to track down and photograph all of my spacemen. It started when I was trying to find all the Lido stuff to continue with the Lido space theme. However, I was very surprised to see how many spacemen and alien figures had accumulated over the years that weren't photographed or catalogued. I s'pose these will be the nexus for the next series here on the blog!

But first, here's a temporary 'diorama' or set-up I did using some of the Lido spaceships and figures I re-discovered. I'll post photos from this set-up over the next few days and that will allow me to edit some of the gazillion photos I've taken . Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Here's the very simple  set-up I used. The backdrop is a painting I did years ago and have used in countless photo set-ups. The vacu-formed crater is from a Tri-ang Spacex set. Those small hills came from a trade I made with a fellow facebooker, and then there are the Lido spaceships and figures.

Getting the camera down low, then cropping, and adjusting for contrast and color and voila' - instant space diorama!

Who could that be in the mysterious red spaceship in the distance?
(The red spaceship is a Helen of Toy piece - which we'll eventually cover)

A stranger appears
Lido spaceship and Lido 35mm figures


No comments:

Post a Comment