Soooo, all summer long (and last summer, and the one before, and the one before....) I've been pitchin' a fit about how uncomfortable it is to go out in The Cave and work. And it is. Even trying to take a few photos is an unwelcome undertaking during the summer. So a week ago I decided to remedy the situation - at least a little bit - and bought myself a portable photo box from Amazon. Generally I use three primary photography setups:
-Small craft store sheets of foamcore
-Amazon MyStudio
-Very occasionally, I'll take two large sheets of foamcore out to the patio and use those for overly large boxes, toys, or toy setups.
I figured if I bought a small portable photo box, maybe I could at least take photos of my smaller toys in the house and not have to worry about braving The Cave. To that end I bought this portable folding 12"x12" photo box with built-in LED lighting. When it's all set up, it takes up little room and can be used on the kitchen table - or on a small set of drawers like what I have right next to my desk. When all folded up and placed in its little carrying pouch, it takes up hardly any space at all. It also comes with six different colored PVC inserts and there's a swing-away cover on the top so that you can aim your camera straight over your subject. That's is one excellent feature, because with the Amazon MyStudio you have to finagle the camera inside the enclosure and guesstimate where to place it while over the subject. And then you hope that any photos you take will come out in focus. Too often, getting an overhead shot means taking the object over to the dryer where sits a small piece of foamcore! Anywho, I think this will be a welcome addition to my hobby tools. I believe my next tool will be a ring light - or two for use in The Cave (that is when it gets tolerable out there).
Ed
My Photo Setups
Foamcore
Much of my photography is done on a couple of small sheets of craft store foamcore set on the dryer out in The Cave. These smaller sheets come in a variety of colors and I've used them all at one time or another


No comments:
Post a Comment