Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Japan - 'ACS' F-104 Starfighter

It has been busy as heck here. As I've said before I've been pulling a lot of toys out of The Cave and trying to sell them. Man-oh-man, if there is such a thing as reincarnation I hope I remember the lessons learned from this life. Buying stuff is fun but getting rid of stuff is a pain-in-the-neck!! Take note fellow collector's, your day of reckoning will come! The batch of toys I'm working on now is my Marx train engines. It turns out I had quite a few junkers and those have all found good homes to guys who like the challenge of fixing and restoring old toy trains. Me? Not so much. I'd rather spend my time doing other things. It's taken a bunch of hours to clean, lube, and test all my engines with a couple of boxes left to test but the tedious process of paring down continues.

Well, all that being said, there's still a lot of toys in the collection to high-light here on Toys and Stuff like this gorgeous nickle-plated F-104 Starfighter from 'ACS' out of Japan. The plane features the usual detaching wing and friction motor but doesn't have a sparkling mechanism so common on many of the toy planes of the era. These nickle-plated jets are hard to come by and it appears as if there weren't all that many available back in the day too. I have only three in the collection and I've seen only a few more for sale on fleaBay. It measures 14" (35.56cm) L x 8" (20.32cm) wingspan x 4" (10.16cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


The pilot figure is from Marx






















2 comments:

  1. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place honeybeetoys

    ReplyDelete