Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Thomas Toy 1950s 'Electric' Style Bus - Red & Blue HP

Well, I've got a couple more buses to post before I get these out of my system. Up next is this nice vintage 'electric' style bus from Thomas Toy. I remember the electric buses which ran down the street right at the end of my block. They made a nice racket as the poles ran along the electric power lines overhead. This bus is a toy so of course doesn't have a pole sticking from it, but the mechanism is suggested. The bus is 4 1/2" (11.43cm) L x 1 1/4" (3.17cm) W x 1 5/8" (4.12cm) H, as such it too - like most of the other plastic buses I had bought - looked real small on the O-gauge train layout but it is still a cool Nifty '50s toy for the collection. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina






















Some comparison shots
(L) Thomas Toy (M) Renwal (R) Marx School Bus


Background: Thomas Toy
Foreground: Empire



No comments:

Post a Comment