Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

I'm Baaaack and A Happy Belated New Year!

Well, I hope you all had a great holiday season - whatever holiday it is you celebrate -if any! In any case it's over now for another year. Ours was sorta, kinda uneventful. The grandbaby of course got all the attention at Christmas - as one would expect - and her haul of Barbie toys was quite good. I revel at all the bloggers, YouTuber's, and facebooker's who show off all their goodies. Me? I got a small plastic candy cane filled with M&M's that ended up getting passed around for everyone to eat! hahahahaha...

...and life goes on!

Soooo, why did it take so long for me to post anything here? Well, we lost our computer again! When this happened back in 2014 not all of our stuff had been backed up and we lost a couple of years worth of photos. This time I believe we only lost the few photos Bettina had taken on the day the computer died - no biggie. I'm not quite certain if it was a virus or old age. The thing was old to begin with and started acting up a couple of months ago. To that end I made a concerted effort to back everything up in preparation for 'The Day'. 'The Day' finally came around the 23rd of December and it died. On Christmas day I ordered a new PC on-line (using my back-up laptop) and while I waited the week for it to arrive, used the time to assemble and put in place the new desk we had bought from IKEA. First though we had to disassemble the really horrible old corner desk that sat here like a big black and brown monolith sucking all light from that corner of the room! LOL Yeah, I bought that thing many years ago with the thought that, as a corner table, it would somehow save space and be efficient. Nope! Didn't happen.This particular design was big, bulky, ugly and ended up wasting space. The new desk still holds everything the old one did but does a better job at organizing what's put on/in it.

I s'pose the new PC was my Christmas present to my myself, but truth be told, Bettina uses it a lot more than I do. Looking at it now, this was a blessing in disguise as the new PC has a faster processor, more RAM and a larger hard drive, the lack of which made using the old PC a challenge. I haven't edited any of my train videos for a while now because the old PC's hard drive was maxed out for capacity and new space-hogging video editing software wasn't a good option. Also, trying to edit large files (of which I have several) was time consuming: type a few things, add a picture and wait forever for it to save! I hope that I can get back in the groove with some of my old projects that were kinda shelved!

Well, posting should continue again - more or less regularly as is my fashion. Until our next meeting - Enjoy! Opa Fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment