Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: USAF Basic Training Sep 1978 - Pt11 USAF Basic Training , San Antonio Sights (6) The Alamo - Pt 1

Among the most iconic sites in American history is The Alamo, once nearly surrounded by open fields, but now in the middle of downtown San Antonio. There is simply too much of a story for me to recount here on the blog. All the events leading up the the battle, then the battle itself, and the aftermath have already filled a library's worth of literature. I can't add a thing to that other than my short visit to the site. USAF Basic training and our flight's day pass to San Antonio was chalked full of interesting experiences and it would have been nice to have unlimited time and like a gazillion rolls of film, but alas that wasn't the case. As with the rest of my posts during this visit I gathered what free brochures and handouts I could as well as pick up postcards and souvenir booklets supplement by a few meager photos of my own. So, without further ado, from 1978 I bring you - The Alamo!  Enjoy! Opa Fritz











































No comments:

Post a Comment