Pages

Friday, October 9, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: USAF Basic Training Sep 1978 - Pt 3 USAF Basic Training Life

 Here's some postcards of life during Basic Traning I didn't include in my last post. Basic wouldn't be complete without obstacle courses and small arms training. What follows is only some of the photos I took while there.


Okay, I included the scan here, but there was no narrative on the back of this postcard - unusual for a postcard.










They called new recruits 'Pickles' becuase of our unadorned green fatigue uniforms and clean shaven heads hahahahahaha what a hoot!


I got propellers growing out of ears LOL


My official photo


Our Squadron, the 3708th Basic Military Training Squadron


The T.I.'s (Technical Instructor) office


:Give me your 341" ooooh we didn't want to hear that one. That's what the T.I. said to us when we were caught doing an infraction. Her would take the 341, record the infraction and file it away until the end of basic. I had few enough 341's that I was awarded the Basic Training Honor Grad ribbon.


Nice and neat!


I can't post the pix of pillow fights and general disorderlyness during the evening because by then we were all in our skivvies LOL But hey, we cleaned up after ourselves :-)




We were awarded Honor Flight and here's our guidon.
This would prove to be a fairly big deal for us as I'll show in another post.





No comments:

Post a Comment