Pages

Friday, March 19, 2021

Marx Toy Corp., MIB Unopened 'Davy Crockett At The Alamo' Playset No. 3538 (1995) - Not 'Unopened' Any More! - Pt 1

I had bought one of the Marx Toy Corp. Alamo playsets back in th '90s and had it for awhile before opening it onbly to discover it was mssing mexican soldiers and the cannon barrels and it had a bag of Indians! HUH? What the...? ARRRRGH! So six years ago I decided to try and acquire at least a complete set. What I ended up with was an UNOPENED NIB set! AND, if I recall it didn't cost a king's ransom - better yet! However, it wasn't until just this week that I actually got around to opening it upa nd surveying the contents and I was quite pleased overall. In this next series we'll see what goes into unpacking a gazillion pieces. Having been tempted with shooting a video of the unboxing I'm glad that didn't happen as it took me several hours to unbox, unbag, set everything up, and photograph each step of the process. The photos will do just fine thank you! :-) Enjoy! Opa Fritz


ooooh I'm excited LOL










The various bags of figures and accessories









The horses and Davy Crockett were loose in the box. The two horses rubber banded together are meant for the Indian Chief. One gray horse had a broken tail and it was nowhere in the box.



The smaller box contains the Chapel, walls, and parts



No comments:

Post a Comment