Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

My Alamo Set-up: Marx, New Marx (aka Re-Marx), CTS and Others

Playing with 'Little Green Army Men' sometimes takes up a lot of time and space - neither of which I have in abundance. I've been wanting to set-up my Alamo toys for some years now, so utilizing the space that was home to the Christmas layout (as well as a bunch of other set-ups) I broke out my playsets and figures and finally started to do something with them. I call this my Franken-Alamo as it is made up of a variety of Alamo compound pieces, figures, and accessories from a variety of manufacturers. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Using original Marx and Re-Marx Alamo playset chapel and walls I was able to conjure together a compound larger than Marx's original Alamo playsets could offer.




4 comments:

  1. Who killed all the milking-stools? They're useful and someone's . . . well . . . massacred them!

    Lovely set-up Ed!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha you would catch that! well I guess they're good for target practice if nothing else!

      Delete
  2. Eye for detail mate, eye for detail! Re. the metal figure you've just posted, have you tried the South American blog? I think I've seen figures like that on his Blog?

    https://soldaditossudamericanos.blogspot.com/

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do have a great eye for detail Hugh! That's a good thing too :-) Thanx for the heads-up regarding the South American blog. I went to his blog and left a comment with the link to my post. My toy does resemble the style of figures shown in his postings, so perhaps he has some insight into their make. If so I'll share his reply.

      Delete